2 tbsp olive oil
5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp garam masala
1 tbsp curry powder
2 tsp granulated sugar
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
6 oz can tomato paste
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 cup coconut milk
1. Heat olive oil over medium hight heat.
2. Brown chicken on all sides in batches. Once browned, remove to slow cooker.
3. Cook onions, 4-6 minutes.
4. Add garlic, cook for another minute.
5. Add onion and garlic to slow cooker.
6. In a large bowl, whisk together garam masala, curry powder, sugar, turmeric, ginger and salt.
7. Whisk in tomato paste, yogurt and coconut milk.
8. Pour coconut milk and spice mixture over chicken and onions.
9. Cook for 5-6 hours over low heat.